Sunday 7 August 2011

A Fabulous Day

Today I was invited to a gelatin printing and monoprinting workshop hosted by the folk who have set up the Cloth Paper Scissors UK network (CPSUK) which I have joined!  What a wonderful day it was.

 Everything was so well prepared and set out - and the sun was shining!

 Our host had prepared the gelatin prints already for us to use - 56 sachets of gelatin for 6 printing plates!!!  She had been very busy indeed!
 Not only that but she had prepared a fantastically yummy lunch
 with cute items for the table
 down to personalised names on stones (my name is actually spelt Sheila but it often gets spelt this way and who worries about such things on such a lovely day!!)

and one of the other attendees brought some amazing cupcakes

And look what I came home with....




You might need to zoom in on some of these to see the detail - I love the one in the top right which I did using leaves and a heart Indian wooden block - these were all with the gelatin printing plate.
these were the mono prints using oil based paint - a different technique and one that needs a little more experimentation I think but I like the results so far
 My little contribution to the day were some homemade junk journals

popped into some lovely wax bags with fabric and paper labels.  Oh, and I also made some lavender cookies which I failed to take a photo of but which I will make again and post the recipe.

I came home having made lovely new friends, eaten beautiful food, with lots of paper and fabric prints to use in future artwork projects - what more can a girl want????

4 comments:

driftwood said...

wow what a fabulous day xxx

Tracy said...

Oh, WOW... I wish I'd been there too... LOL! What great fun... I've not tried gelatin printing before--am intrigued! Just soft pretty results, I like those--especially your heart/leaf print. What a fun day with creating, good food, creative company...*sigh*... Thanks for taking us along, Sheila ((HUGS))

Sally Bowman said...

I'm a CPS-UK member too, which is how I found your blog (which is lovely!). The photos of this session make me wish I could have got there too.

I love your waxed paper bags...Where do you get them (or do you make them?)

Seth said...

This looks like it must have been a lot of fun...and boy were you creative. That is a great stash you will have to work with.

Thoughtful Wednesday

"Our goal should be to live life in radical amazement – to get up in the morning and look at the world in a way that takes noth...