Thursday 13 March 2008

Not feeling so well.....

"Bella was ill and tucked up in bed
with pains in her tummy and pains in her head...."

So goes the little verses out of a delightful children's book I used to read to the girls and whose words often come back to me when I feel unwell. It is 4am and over the last two days I have had two very bad headaches, a variety of other ailments and now a cold has emerged and I am at the runny nose stage! Just cannot stay in bed a moment longer so thought I would get up and update here instead!
A visit to the doctor yesterday was quite timely although I had booked it over three weeks ago and now it appears a colonoscopy is the next thing plus a bone density scan!!! What joys to look forward to. However if we get progress on some of the ailments then that sure will be worth it.

So this week has been busy with a conference in London to run for around 50 people. I wasn't feeling great from the moment I woke up but it was mind over matter and just get on with it with the help of paracetemol etc. It went well, I think, and the joy for me is in organising something that helps others to get out of their situations and see things in a different perspective as well as the opportunity to talk with others.

I did also go to a quilt show at the weekend and perhaps we will have a separate post about that....

1 comment:

tess said...

oh poor you, hope the doctors can find out what's making you feel bad soon, and make you all better. I've had bone density scans, they're not painful if thats any comfort...
take care. xx

Thoughtful Wednesday

"Our goal should be to live life in radical amazement – to get up in the morning and look at the world in a way that takes noth...