Sunday 20 January 2008

Signs of Life

Snowdrops! Don't you love them? Here they are in bud just outside the front door. They are such a delicate flower and yet they pioneer the way by being first to open in the garden after what seems like such a long time without colour anywhere.
And in the back garden there are signs of life too! Tulips, daffodils and crocus are all bursting out of the sodden earth, spreading their shoots up towards the light. There is hope in the air - hope of Spring. I am reminded of the book The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, where it was always Winter and never Spring. Imagine that!

So the new job has begun but the travel lodging was dismal. So I am trying something different this week and hope it will be better. As for the socks - well I took them down three times but I think I have finally got it! They will be coming with me again this week, as will a new scarf in jewell tones for daughter no.3 this time. We took some time out on Friday this week and discovered a C&H fabric store with some nice yarn in and she choose some Sirdar Juniper which looks lovely. Also I have been teaching daughter no.4 to knit again (she learnt a couple of years ago but abandoned it a few months later). I think every fashion designer ought at least to know how to knit and I think if she gets going she could be very good at it. So, some Rowan biggy yarn and some large needles and away we go. That's all for now but I'll be back soon. I don't have the computer with me while I am away so it won't be before Wednesday but I hope you are all in good heart and have lots of fun projects to be whiling away these winter evenings with.

1 comment:

tess said...

lovely to see your signs of spring, and hear about the knitting! hope you have a good week. xx

Thoughtful Wednesday

"Our goal should be to live life in radical amazement – to get up in the morning and look at the world in a way that takes noth...